If you’re like me, then you have the same few breakfasts repeatedly and can get a bit bored. So this morning, I tried something new and made a turkey bacon and egg loaf. It was almost like quiche without the pastry, but with some spinach and tomatoes on the side, it kept me full all morning.
I used turkey bacon but you could chuck in whatever you fancy. I’ve also made it with chicken sausages and pork bacon and both were great! If you’re going to use sausages, pre-cook them or at least partially cook them before you make your egg bake so you don’t get food poisoning. And die.
Below are the ingredients and method; if you make this let me know what you think! If you don’t fancy spinach and tomatoes on the side you could always have beans, toast or hash browns for a quick and easy breakfast!
Serves: 1 Time: 25 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- A splash of semi-skinned milk
- 1 small red onion
- Turkey bacon (Pork bacon works well too)
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Slice your red onion into small chunks and put two thirds of your chopped onion in a bowl. Keep the other third to add to your spinach later.
- Crack your eggs into the bowl, add your milk and mix. Also add in
- Use scissors to slice up your bacon into the bowl and mix into the mixture.
- Line your baking tin with grease proof paper or grease it with a small amount of butter. Add in your mixture and cook for 15-18 minutes.
- Five minutes before your loaf will be ready, put a small amount of water into a frying pan and boil your onions for two minutes.
- Slice your cherry tomatoes in half and chuck them in, along with the spinach and cook until the water is used up and spinach has wilted.
- Serve up your spinach and baked loaf and enjoy!