I haven’t been food shopping in a while and had some vegetables that need using up so improvised and created a new soup. As you can see, instead of bread, I dipped in some lettuce leaves which sounds depressing but was actually really good. But if that sounds a bit too healthy for you, you can always grab a toasted baguette or slice of bread.
I’ve put the ingredients and method below but if you want to add more or less of something or chuck in some other vegetables, go for it. Personally, I love garlic so added in a lot but if that doesn’t suit your taste then just skip that ingredient. Similarly, add more or less milk depending on how thick you like your soup.
Serves: 2 Time: 30 minutes
- 4 large leeks
- 250g Mushrooms
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 4 tsp Green Pesto
- Romaine Lettuce Hearts
- 50ml Semi-Skimmed milk (Or whatever milk you like)
- Slice your leeks, mushrooms and garlic cloves and boil them in a pan for 20 minutes.
- Drain your vegetables and put them back in the pan. Add in the milk and blend until smooth. Add more milk until you achieve the consistency you desire.
- Once blended, simmer on a low heat and stir in your pesto.
- Serve with your lettuce leaves or bread and enjoy!
Let me know if you enjoy this recipe, I will hopefully be posting a few more in the future!
If you liked this post you may also like my recipe for a Turkey Bacon and Egg Loaf.